There has been a lot of events in my life since the end of last year and I know many of you know it, but for those who don't quick summary :
October 2008 ~ mass removed, possible cancer, but benign. It is lipoma.
Two year lawsuit over a car accident which I was injured and did $4000 damage to my car ended in my favor. Note, I received significantly less than what would cover my expenses, but the insurance company was really nasty and I was clearly not at fault.
Thanksgiving/Christmas ~ family stress/with just the holidays as usual, but with triggers this time and begin to decompensate.
Jan/Feb 2009 ~ 24 day psychiatric hospitalization
March 2009 ~ not unpacked from hospitalization yet and am hospitalized 7 days for very serious pneumonia
March 2009 ~ day after I'm discharged from the hospital my father-in-law is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, hospice in place, given one week to six months.
April 2009 ~ father-in-law not doing well has hospice nurse in home. He passes away on 4/26/09
Funeral Service ~ May 1st
Burial Service ~ May 9th
May 10, 2009 ~ a forty two day psychiatric hospitalization; part of lung collapsed.
July 2009 ~ bronchitis
July 2009 ~ still recovering from pneumonia
August 2009 ~ still having shortness of breath, fatigue and shallow breathing. Testing begins to evaluate immune system.
September 2009 ~ send one of "those" letters to my mother. Family gets turned upside down and lots of chaos and hurtful responses and family closet opens.
October 2009 ~ begin infusion treatment for low antibody. One time per month for a year. Infusion therapy: Via IV, antibody that is low is added to blood stream...Ouch. For me, it takes about 5 hours!!!
November 2009 ~ Aunt had back problems (Aunt is like a mother as she basically raised me). Grandmother showing cognitive problems. Decide not to attend any holidays with family...good decision, but emotional fall out.
- My faith in God and sense of His presence grew.
- My relationship with my husband grew.
- I found out who my "real" friends are.
- Ended two friendship.
- Nurtured two other friendships.
- Found out the true colors of my family.
- No more secrets in my family, at least, from my end.
- Reconnected with my aunt and her partner...priceless
- Received much assistance and support from my church family.
- Became a gay rights supporter.
- Learn more about medical information.
- Became more assertive.
- Began to like myself more.
- Clearly decided to return to school, hopefully a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.
- Discovered that I really have a heart for the disenfranchised.
- Gained a new wardrobe due to weight gain. Husband has rule that I cannot leave the house naked.
- Even though it has been tough financially, God has provided abundantly.
- Have good doctors and had many opportunities to get to know them better.
- Discovered that I really like reading and writing my blogs.
- Discovered that I have a great support system on line. Thank you!!
- I've learned more about what smelling the coffee is all about!!
Share what you have learned or discovered about yourself this year.